Recipients of the 2013 SANEA ENERGY AWARDS & the SANEDI/RECORD RENEWABLE ENERGY RESEARCH EXCELLENCE (RERE) AWARDS announced!
The recipients of the SANEA / SANEDI ENERGY AWARDS 2013 were announced at a prestigious awards ceremony and banquet hosted by Brian A Statham, Chairman of the South African National Energy Association (SANEA). This gala event reflected the significance of the both the awards and the recipients. In his keynote address, Statham paid tribute to the many men and women who are striving on a daily basis to ensure that South Africa enjoys a stable and secure energy future. "SANEA's Vision of 'Energy People Working Together' is alive as we come together to congratulate these winners."
For 2013 we are very pleased that the South African National Energy Development Institute (SANEDI) has chosen to collaborate with SANEA in recognizing South Africans and their achievements, specifically by promoting awards in the research and innovation sectors. The SANEDI/RECORD Renewable Energy Research Excellence (RERE) Awards 2013 were also presented at the event.
"It is important for all of us to stretch the boundaries. If South Africa is to be recognized as a leading nation we have to go beyond the range of normal expectations. Through exceptional performance we can demonstrate what is possible; we can set the standard for a new reality that will deliver the social and economic development necessary for South Africans to enjoy a great future. We have to do this every day; at work and at play. Those who are being recognized tonight have embarked on this journey. They have set the benchmark for a new reality. They are an inspiration to us all. We acknowledge and salute their efforts in the belief that their achievements will inspire others" said Statham.
- The SANEA ENERGY PROJECT AWARD 2013 went to the KayaGas (Pty) Ltd. The University of Johannesburg was Highly Commended in this category for their Solar Car Project.
- The SANEA ENERGY EDUCATION AWARD 2013 was awarded to the Eskom WESSA Energy & Sustainability Programme.
- The SANEA ENERGY JOURNALISM AWARD 2013 was awarded to Marlene van Rooyen, 25° Degrees in Africa and Antonio Ruffini, ESI Africa (in absence).
- A SANEA SPECIAL RECOGNITION AWARD 2013 was presented to the Department of Energy as the representative of all those involved in making the Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Procurement programme (REIPPPP) the success it has been so far.
- The SANEA SERVICE AWARD 2013 was presented to Carrol James of Sasol for her dedication.
- The SANEDI / RECORD RERE YOUNG RESEARCHER AWARD 2013 was presented to Johan Kotze, PhD Student at the University of Stellenbosch.
- The SANEDI / RECORD RERE COMMERCIAL APPLICATION AWARD 2013 went to ChargeMaestro-SA. Home-Grown Business Integrations (in absence) was Highly Commended in this category.
Brian A Statham